Friday, February 25, 2011

Always Read it a 2nd time

I just realized in reading the obit again that there are some other things of interest in it.

It states that M.W. McCarley arrived in Texas in 1856. I knew from census records that he arrived before 1859 and after 1855, but this really pins the year down. It also lets me know which of his brothers and sisters had passed away before him.

The obit has his birthdate as March 16, 1846. That is a change from the Sept 1846 date found on a census record. And I should be able to figure out his exact death date once I find a calendar for 1916. Then I can update the Jan. 1916 date.

I guess it was too much to ask for them to list his grandparents.

Mitchel W. McCarley is my great great grandfather.

1 comment:

  1. January 21, 1916 was a Friday. So Sunday was January 16, 1916.

    Love the blog!

    More, more, more, please.

    ReplyDelete

Ezekiel McCarley

One of my goals this year is to write biographies of ancestors on my McCarley line when I can't think of anything to write for the 52anc...