Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Toy

I have a new toy.  I bought it in preparation for our genealogy research trip this Fall.  The Flip Pal is a small portable scanner that I can take to libraries, archives, and relatives homes who are reluctant to allow their pictures to be taken somewhere else to be scanned.  The Flip Pal runs on batteries, saves scans to a memory card so you don't have to have a computer with it.  The scan surface is small so if the picture is larger than 4x6, it takes several scans to get the complete picture.  It has software on the memory card to stitch the scans together to put the picture back together. I haven't tried that yet, but I will soon.  It will scan at 300 dpi and 600 dpi.

These are pictures that I scanned with it.  I put them together with PhotoShop and then saved for the web to save download time.  The right side is the back of the photograph.



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More Information about the Flip Pal:

    I found the Flip Pal online at http://flip-pal.com/

    You can also take the lid off of it to flip it upside down to scan items that are harder to move. When you scan something, there is a small screen that shows what you have scanned. When you flip it upside down. The bottom of it is clear so you can see what you are scanning.

    It is very light weight and small. One of the reasons I wanted it was to take on trips when we take the Trike. It will easily fit in a 2 gallon zip lock bag (in case it rains)and in the trunk. Then with my iPhone, Robert's netbook, and a good digital camera, we are set for technology with little space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cost is always an interest. It is normally abt 150.00. I had received a coupon through my email for 10% off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lela, I'm enjoying looking at the pictures you've posted, thank you. This is such a cute little picture of my dad :) Whose Indian Chief bike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I didn't see this before. The Indian motorcycle belonged to your Dad's grandfather, Johnnie Golightley.

      Delete

Ezekiel McCarley

One of my goals this year is to write biographies of ancestors on my McCarley line when I can't think of anything to write for the 52anc...