Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sarah Violet Herndon

I feel very blessed. Thanks to Don Ivey, I now have pictures of my great grandmother, Sarah Violet Herndon. She died at age 34 when my grandmother was only 15 years old so no one in our family had ever seen a picture of her. James Wesley Ivey was Violet's 3rd husband. I found them on the 1920 census record several years ago in Cotton County, OK. See my posting on March 11, 2011.

James Wesley Ivey who normally went by Wesley was living near Gladys in the 1930 Stephens County, OK Census. Gladys had recently married Thomas Ocie McCarley. They were living next door to Sid McCarley, Ocie's Father, and the next family included Wesley Ivey, his brother, and his wife, and his parents. His brother, Grady, was listed as the head of the household.

The second picture is of Wesley Ivey with Violet driving. Did you notice the rose in the radiator?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Came to America as a stow away

    52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 7 (Feb 12-18) Prompt: Immigration #52ancestors Have you heard the story of the ancestor who stowed away o...