Thursday, December 27, 2012

Posting again

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted on this blog.  I started doing research for my Aunt and haven't done a lot of research on my own lines recently. However I found a typed four page narrative in my parents papers yesterday. It was written by my Great Grandmother, Myrtle Olive Parker, who married Leeland Henry Lamb.  Before I post the transcription, I want to tell you a little bit about her.

Ollie was born on 13 March 1881 and died on 30 May 1939 in Wellington, Sumner Co., KS.  She raised 13 children.  When I first started researching, I was told that some of the children were neighbor children who had lost their parents. As I did more research, I realized that some of the children were probably her sister's children. This narrative confirmed that all of the foster and adopted children were relatives, one from a cousin, and her sister's three children.


Leeland Henry Lamb & Myrtle Olive Parker
Married 30 June 1901
Wellington, Sumner Co., KS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ezekiel McCarley

One of my goals this year is to write biographies of ancestors on my McCarley line when I can't think of anything to write for the 52anc...