Monday, August 29, 2022

Timeline for Edith Ethelda Neese (Sample, Wort, Kerns)

 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 34  (Aug 23-29)
Prompt: Timeline
#52ancestors
 

Concept maps can be a visual representation of your goals or research. Years ago I was introduced to mind mapping in a history class.  Now it is often called concept mapping.  A few years ago, I started doing a workshop for college students showing them how to do research planning with concept maps. Then it morphed into genealogy research planning. 

 Concept maps have several benefits. Mostly I use them for planning my research and analyzing data, but when I started doing genealogy presentations on concept maps, timelines seemed to work well.   

 I  prefer creating them with paper and map pencils or markers. Somehow the act of using pencils or markers helps me escape from the box and frees my creativity. I often think of new ways to solve genealogy brick walls when I create research plans with concept maps. I have a spiral sketch pad where I draw my concept maps.  You don't have to be a good artist as some of my drawings are very crude.  Doing it on the computer makes it neater, but doesn't have the same freeing affect for me.

 Below is a timeline concept map created in PowerPoint about my 2nd Great Grandmother, Edith Ethelda Neese. She outlived three husbands and had eight children, all with her first husband, William Britton Sample.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ezekiel McCarley

One of my goals this year is to write biographies of ancestors on my McCarley line when I can't think of anything to write for the 52anc...